School Facilities Rental
Athletic fields are among various school district facilities for rent to the public.
Rental of BG Schools' Facilities and Fields
Have questions? Call us at (360) 885-5390
Click here to view the calendar of current public events
The facilities of Battle Ground Public Schools may be rented for community purposes, provided such uses do not interfere with educational or district programs. District facilities are provided primarily for the education of students. That use always will be given first priority. The school district welcomes the use of its facilities by members of the surrounding community for various types of activities, which must be consistent with the best interests of the district and not interfere with the regular conduct of the educational program.
The process begins with the Facility-Use Application (link below). Please allow a minimum of ten (10) working days for processing. All information is mandatory. Incomplete information will delay processing. Approval/disapproval will be issued not later than two weeks after application is received. Please do not call the district’s facility scheduling office and ask for immediate verbal verification or availability/confirmation.
Applications for use received before Aug. 31 for the coming school year will be addressed after Sept. 15 in the order received. Applications for facility use that involve unusual circumstances (auditoriums, athletic fields, special equipment and services, etc.) must be made 30 calendar days in advance of the planned date of use. All Facility-Use Applications must be signed by an authorized representative of the group applying for use who is at least 21 years of age.
Rental applications, regulations and information:
Facility Use Application
Current Fee Schedule
Baseball- and Softball-Field Regulations
Head-Injury and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Requirements
Prairie High School Auditorium Regulations
Facility Rentals Office: 360-885-5390
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How many auditoriums are in the District?
- Answer: One, at Prairie High School
- Q: What are the auditorium-use requirements?
- A: Please see Prairie High School Auditorium Facility Use Regulations attachment
- Q: Can my group bring props into the auditorium for use?
- Q: I would like to hold a birthday party at a school. What is the cost?
- A: Family reunions, wedding receptions, bar mitzvahs, anniversaries, birthday parties, etc., are not considered appropriate for facility rentals.
- Q: Our church would like to rent a school for services. What is the cost?
- A: Please see Fee Schedule attachment for costs. If you remain interested, please submit a Facility Use Request Application, accessible via a separate link. You will be contacted within ten (10) business days of submittal to begin discussing service details and possible building visits/tours. Contracts are written on a school year basis, running Sept. 1 to Aug. 31, when all contracts expire. Please provide three weeks’ written notice if you wish to cancel a contract prior to Aug. 31.
- Q: May we advertise our services being held at the school?
- A: Advertising material of any kind shall not be distributed or posted in the school buildings or on school premises without prior approval of the District. You are allowed to post church signage on District property the day before and the day of your service(s) so long as the signage does not cover any school signage. Church signage must be removed from District property at the conclusion of your service(s).
- Q: How do I rent field space from the school district?
- A: Fields are available with priority given to school activities followed by Battle Ground Community Education activities; youth sports groups, and then adult sports groups.
- If you are seeking field space and a majority of your players are Battle Ground Public Schools students, you may submit a Facility Use Request Application for consideration. Insurance and concussion compliance documents are required as well. See separate links.
- Q: May our league store equipment on site while using the fields?
- Q: I need to place a porta-potty on district property for my league players to use. What do I do?
- A: Each group must obtain permission from Building Rentals (Phone: 885-5390) before a chemical toilet may be placed onsite. The potty must be well marked with both the company name and telephone number, must be chained to a fence by the delivery driver, and must be well maintained. In case of vandalism, the District will call the user group and expects the user group to contact the chemical toilet company for a swift and thorough clean up.
- Q: May I bring my dog to my child’s soccer game?
- Q: I live near a school. May I practice my golf swing in the fields?
- Q: What are the field-use requirements?
- A: Check the link to field-use guidelines.
- Q: Does the district rent facilities for fundraisers?
- A: Games of chance, lotteries, raffles, etc. are not allowed on District property except for fundraising events of the District parent-teacher organizations or student organizations, as permitted under state law. Rummage sales are not considered appropriate for rental.
- Q: Will my event be canceled if it snows?
- A: If schools close early or for the entire day, your event will be canceled.
- Q: How do I get into the building for my event?
- A: A custodian will unlock the facility for you. Keys to buildings or facilities are not issued to organizations renting facilities.
- Q: Are tennis courts available for community use?
- A: Yes, so long as they are not in use by high school teams.
- Q: May I rent a kitchen at a school?
- A: Yes. However, arrangements will need to be made for a food service staff person to be on site at an hourly rate.
- Q: How do I cancel a reservation?
- A: Please contact Facility Use at 885-5390 at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled date. Cancellation fee may apply if no notice is given.
- Q: May I rent a classroom for a meeting?
- A: Generally, no. Meetings usually are assigned to media centers or common areas.
- Q: Do you rent the gyms for adult basketball play/practice?
- A: Yes. However, priority is given to school activities followed by Community Education activities, youth sports groups, and then adult sports groups.
- Q: Do you allow outdoor sports to use the gyms during the winter months?
- A: For conditioning purposes only. No outdoor sports equipment is allowed indoors.
- Q: What equipment is available in the gym?
- A: Schools will provide ONLY basketball hoops and the facility itself.
- Q: How many stadiums does the district have?
- A: One, which is on the Battle Ground High School campus.
- Q: What are the stadium-use guidelines?
- A: A facility-use application must be approved before use and stadium use shall be in accordance with the following conditions:
- No vehicles of any kind on the stadium field or track (includes carts).
- No cleats on the stadium field or track. Gym shoes or turf shoes only.
- No equipment on stands or legs on the stadium turf field.
- No benches on stadium turf.
- No food or drink on the stadium field or track. This includes seeds and gum.
- Use of tobacco, alcoholic beverages, and narcotics is not allowed on district property.
- Glass containers and bottles are not allowed.
- Boisterous or ribald conduct and/or use of profane or other improper language are not allowed on district property.
- Fireworks are not allowed in the stadium or on District property.
- Use of the concessions is not allowed, unless previously arranged with facility use office.
- Backpacks, individual coolers, ice chests, and large food/beverage containers are not allowed.
- Animals, with the exception of service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
- Distribution of sales material is not allowed.
- The Facility Use Office or ASB Office must approve all half-time shows.
- Q: I’m having a wedding in the near future. How do I rent space from the school district?
- A: Family reunions, wedding receptions, bar mitzvahs, anniversaries, birthday parties, etc., are not considered appropriate functions for school-facility rentals.
For other questions please consult our Facility Use Handbook or call the facilities-rental office, 885-5390.