Identifying Your School Boundary

Here are three ways to determine which primary, middle and high school serve your home:

1. Clark County Website. Search for your address in the Clark County Property Information Center to determine your school of attendance for next year. Click on the link and follow the instructions. This site is managed by Clark County and has detailed information about your property, including school boundary information. “Schools” are listed in the left column.

2. Use the school district’s attendance area maps.

3. Contact the Battle Ground Public Schools Transportation/Boundary Office at 360-885-6577 or

Boundary Exceptions

In-district student transfer procedures
Students who live in Battle Ground School District attend the school that serves their residential area, except for those students who have requested an in-district student transfer and whose transfer has been approved by the receiving school.

Parents can submit transfer requests starting Jan. 11 for the following school year. Here’s the process:

  • Request the in-district student transfer form from the school you want to attend and return it to the school you want to attend. When school buildings are closed, you can also access the fillable online form here and return it via email to
  • The staff will record the date and time on the application form when it is received by the school and forward it for release to the resident school.
  • The resident principal will release the student and forward the form back to the principal at the requested school.
  • The principal at the requested school will accept the transfer or deny it and mark the reason for denial.
  • The requested school will send copies of the form to the appropriate persons or schools.

For 8th-grade students who want to attend a high school other than their resident high school, the process is:

  • Request the in-district student transfer form from the current middle school.
  • Return the completed form to the requested high school with the registration papers.
  • Staff will record the date and time on the application form when it is received by the school.

Out-of-district student transfer procedures

The process for out-of-district transfers is different than the in-district transfer process. Students who wish to transfer out of the Battle Ground School District need to fill out the Choice Transfer Form and then return it electronically.

Students who live outside Battle Ground Public Schools boundaries and wish to transfer to a school within the district need to begin the process at their resident district.

Application forms for out-of-district student transfers will be accepted starting at 7 a.m. on May 1 for the following school year. Please email your completed and signed forms to on or after 7 a.m. on May 1 and they will be processed in the order in which they are received. You may request that a transfer form be mailed to you by emailing the boundaries office.

Current Battle Ground students who live outside the district boundaries may submit a Letter of Intent to attend a Battle Ground school beginning Jan. 11, but must still submit a Choice Transfer form to the student’s home district on May 1.


The school where you have requested to attend will notify you in late August or early September about the status of your transfer request.

No, it is not forever. Requests for student transfers must be approved each school year. A transfer approved one school year does not guarantee approval the following year.

Students who live in an attendance area are assured of enrollment at the school. Requests for transfers into a school are considered on a space-available basis within the grade level, class, or program requested. If no space is available, students are placed on a waiting list in the order of the date and time the request was received.

State law requires schools to give priority to children of full-time school personnel (provided they live in Washington) at the school where the employee works or at the school in the K-12 continuum that serves the student’s grade level. The district may reject applications if the staff member’s children would displace children who live in the district.

Transportation for transfer students is the responsibility of the parents.

  • The boundaries change and the student wants to stay at his/her current resident school.
  • The student wants to start or continue in a program unique to a school.
  • The student has a medical or special family-related need, such as child care.
  • Athletic participation is not a valid reason to request a student transfer.


icon 11104 N.E. 149th Street,
Brush Prairie, WA 98606

iconShipping & Receiving: All Locations
400 N. Parkway Ave. Battle Ground, WA 98604

iconMailing Address: P.O. Box 200
Battle Ground, WA 98604



iconFor Skyward help, please contact your child's school