posted Jan 27, 2015, 4:26 PM by BGPS Web
updated Feb 10, 2015, 9:43 AM
BGPS Announces Facilities Improvement Team Members
January 27, 2015
Battle Ground Public Schools announced the members of its Facilities Improvement Team (FIT) Monday night at its Board of Directors meeting.
FIT members will create a long-term facilities management plan with recommendations for current and new facilities that meet the academic and learning needs of students and keep pace with community growth. This community-driven team will work in collaboration with the Board of Directors, district administration and staff, and third-party data collection consultants.
Two team members from each director district were selected from applications by a selection committee. Other members of the committee have been selected by constituency groups. The team will meet regularly beginning in February.
Members of the BGPS Facilities Improvement Team:
- Director District 1--Sue Cranke and Darrell Johnson
- Director District 2--Dr. Roger O. Jarvis and Dr. Bruce Kelley
- Director District 3--Curtis Miller and Joy Russell
- Director District 4--Jamie Blick and Cathy Golik
- Director District 5--Steve Pagel and Roger Shirley
Battle Ground Public Schools' constituency groups selected a representative to serve on the team:
- Battle Ground Education Association--Beth Goble
- Principals' Association--Travis Drake
- Administrative Support--David Klemetsrud
- Public School Employees--Alan Green
A District Resource Team will provide information and support during the process. The resource team includes Superintendent Mark Hottowe, Asst. Superintendent MaryBeth Lynn, Facilities Director Kevin Jolma, Board President Monty Anderson, and Communications Manager Sean Chavez.
More information and updates will be available on the district's FIT web page and in the district email newsletter, the BGPS Bulletin.