Online enrollment for 2017-18 opening soon.
Please watch this space for online enrollment to open for the 2017-18 school year.
Enrollment for grades K-12
To enroll your child in Battle Ground Public Schools, you can:
***Find out which school your child will attend by using the district's boundary map or by calling the district boundaries office: (360) 885-6577.
During the enrollment process, you will have the opportunity to attach the required documentation to the application. If you do not have access to a photo or scan of the required documents, please bring copies to your child's school:
Child's unofficial transcripts from all previous schools (for grades 9-12 only)Birth certificate (for kindergarten students and first graders who have not yet attended school)
- Immunization records
- To enroll in kindergarten, child must be five years of age before September 1. Click here for an informational guide from ESD 112.
Paper enrollment forms are available in Spanish and Russian:
BGPS offers full-day kindergarten beginning 2016-17
Battle Ground Public Schools is offering full-day kindergarten at all its primary schools and Maple Grove beginning with the 2016-17 school year.
Full-Day Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Battle Ground Public Schools offering full-day kindergarten?
- Full-day kindergarten is increasingly recognized as a valuable program. In addition, Washington state is requiring that all schools offer full-day kindergarten beginning with the 2017-18 school year. Given this, Battle Ground Public Schools is offering state-funded, full-day kindergarten beginning with the 2016-17 school year. Many children benefit from a developmentally appropriate, full-day program, most notably in terms of early academic achievement - a foundation for school and life success. We view full-day kindergarten as an important option in meeting the needs of some of our students and families.
How is the curriculum different in full-day kindergarten?
- Full-day kindergarten will have the same curriculum as half-day kindergarten with extended time to address literacy, math and other core content. Specialized instruction in art, music and health/fitness will also be provided.
What is WaKIDS?
- The Washington Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills (WaKIDS) is a transition process that helps to ensure a successful start to the K-12 experience and connect the key adults in a child’s life. The district has piloted WaKIDS at Pleasant Valley Primary and Maple Grove School. WaKIDS has three components: family connection, whole-child assessment and early learning collaboration. Click on the link above to learn more about WaKIDS. Please contact your school principal if you have questions about your child's participation in WaKIDS.
What are the start/end times for full-day kindergarten?
- Students in full-day kindergarten follow the same schedule as the primary students at the school they attend. The exact start and end times will be announced prior to the beginning of the school year.
May students in full-day kindergarten ride the bus?
- Full-day kindergarten students walk or ride the same bus, depending upon service availability, to and from school as other primary students in the neighborhood. If students are on a boundary exception, parents are responsible for transportation.
My child qualifies for special education services. Can s/he participate in full-day kindergarten?
- Yes, students receiving special education services may attend full-day kindergarten.