New student online enrollment open for 2017-18
Please have REQUIRED documentation ready to upload. Enrollment cannot be completed without required documentation.
Attention kindergarten parents: Primary schools will be open 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. April 17-21 to answer questions during Connect to Kindergarten, the district's kindergarten enrollment period.
To enroll your child in Battle Ground Public Schools, you can:
***Find out which school your child will attend by using the district's boundary map or by calling the district boundaries office: (360) 885-6577.
Required Documentation for online enrollment
During the enrollment process, you MUST upload the required documentation. Students cannot enroll without the required documentation. If you do not have access to a photo or scan of the required documents, please go to your child's school to enroll. Required documents include:
Child's unofficial transcripts from all previous schools (grades 9-12 only)Birth certificate (kindergarten students and first graders who have not yet attended school)
- Immunization records
- To enroll in kindergarten, child must be five years of age before September 1. Click here for an informational guide from ESD 112.
Paper enrollment forms are available in Spanish and Russian:
Battle Ground Public Schools offers full-day kindergarten at all its primary schools and Maple Grove. Get more information about Kindergarten enrollment, orientations, and the Smart Start program.
Why is Battle Ground Public Schools offering full-day kindergarten?
- Full-day kindergarten is increasingly recognized as a valuable program. Many children benefit from a developmentally appropriate, full-day program, most notably in terms of early academic achievement - a foundation for school and life success. We view full-day kindergarten as an important option in meeting the needs of some of our students and families.
- The full-day curriculum provides time to address literacy, math and other core content. Specialized instruction in art, music and health/fitness is also provided.
What is WaKIDS?
- The Washington Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills (WaKIDS) is a transition process that helps to ensure a successful start to the K-12 experience and connect the key adults in a child’s life. The district has piloted WaKIDS at Pleasant Valley Primary and Maple Grove School. WaKIDS has three components: family connection, whole-child assessment and early learning collaboration. Click on the link above to learn more about WaKIDS. Please contact your school principal if you have questions about your child's participation in WaKIDS.
My child qualifies for special education services. Can s/he participate in full-day kindergarten?
- Yes, students receiving special education services may attend full-day kindergarten.